My Favorite Apple Crisp Recipe
Fall is in full swing and what’s better than fresh apple dessert. I found this recipe years ago watching an episode of Emeril Live.
It’s still my favorite and I want to share it with you! One of my favorite treats with coffee on a football watching Sunday afternoon!
Olga’s Giant Apple Crisp
- 8 cups sliced firm tart apples
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a 9 by 12-inch glass baking dish, combine apples, sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside. In another bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Toss with melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles. Top apples with oat mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until apples are tender. Serve warm topped with heavy cream, or cool to room temperature and serve with ice cream, if desired.
- Apple Crisp Baked Apples (livewithladychishow.wordpress.com)
- Apple Pear Crisp (queenofdelicious.wordpress.com)